In response to the UC Davis campus closure from November 13-21, 2018, Undergraduate Education and the Testing Services Center will manage a temporary proctored exam space for the period of November 27-30. The intent is to offer a resource to aid faculty and students with the delivery of make-up exams outside of regularly scheduled class periods.
This service is offered in addition to and separate from our accommodations testing. We cannot offer testing accommodations in this environment due to the number of tests we are supporting. Information about requesting testing accommodations is available on the Testing Services Center website.
This document describes the exam environment and procedures for use.
- Faculty and courses will be served on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Faculty must submit a request to utilize the proctored exam space via https://goo.gl/forms/CSK5axV6SXm6esKG2.
- Faculty must provide a current copy of the course roster, to be delivered to Undergraduate Education staff with the exam.
- Exams MUST be delivered no later than 1:00 pm on Monday, November 26 via:
- Paper delivery of ALL exam materials to 1383 The Grove; or
- Electronic delivery via Box.com (instructions provided after request form submitted).
- Make-up exams will be proctored in two spaces, the Multi-purpose Room of the International Center and the Hunt Hall 241 classroom utilized by the Testing Services Center. Availability of the spaces is detailed below.
- The MPR of the International Center has capacity to test up to 140 students per hour.
- The Hunt Hall 241 classroom has capacity to test up to 30 students per hour.
- Faculty MUST notify the students in their course that an exam for the course will be delivered at the temporary proctored space, and MUST provide the students with the schedule, below.
- The proctored spaces will be open to students for drop-in. Exam times will not be scheduled by course or by student.
- Students must check-in using photo ID.
- If students arrive and the testing location is at capacity, they must wait for the next available space.
- As always, students will be expected to abide by the UC Davis Code of Academic Conduct. The drop-in format for delivery of exams makes it imperative that students acknowledge and respect the code, and understand the consequences of violating it
- Faculty must coordinate with the Testing Services Center team, Hunt Hall 224, to pick-up completed exams on Monday, December 3.
Available Proctored Space:
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018, 8 am – 8 pm, Multi-purpose Room, International Center
- Wednesday, November 28, 2018, 8 am – 8 pm, Multi-purpose Room, International Center
- Thursday, November 29, 2018, 8 am – 4 pm, Multi-purpose Room, International Center
- Friday, November 30, 2018, 8 am – 8 pm, Hunt Hall 241