Programmer (Applications Programmer 2) Job #23184
CTR EDUCATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS
Apply by 09/22/21
Under the general supervision of the Lean Analyst for Educational Analytics and Assessment (EAA), work as part of a development team in designing, coding, documenting and programming web applications to support faculty and administrators in understanding and analyzing course, program, college, and campus level educational data. Satisfy client requirements with easy to use applications, ensure data integrity, and adhere to secure coding practices to meet campus cyber safety standards.
APPLICATION/DATABASE DESIGN AND DEVELOPMENT
Percent of Time: 80
- Develop web and mobile device applications for faculty and administrators to visualize, analyze, and gather data related to undergraduate learning and education systems.
- Develop complete requirement specifications and application design specifications.
- Perform a full range of programming tasks using a variety of web and mobile device application based programming technologies and languages.
- Interface with, connect, and understand a variety of database systems, web services, and data structures used by CEE.
- Document applications for a wide variety of audiences including clients, systems administrators, and other programmers using a range of online technologies from written documentation such as FAQs to screen captures to full video walkthroughs.
- Verify appropriate steps and measures are put in place to maintain the integrity, security, and availability of these data sources. Ensure data integrity and security of CEE and campus information systems.
APPLICATION MAINTENANCE, SUPPORT AND QUALITY ASSURANCE
Percent of Time: 10
- Assist as a point of contact in resolving client support issues with applications.
- Assist with revising existing programs and associated documentation as needed, including developing new features, resolving issues, and adding online resources such as FAQs, screen captures, and video walkthroughs.
RESEARCH, TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Percent of Time: 10
- Participate in formal and informal technology training in new programming languages and techniques to maintain proficiency with current industry technologies and techniques.
- Learn and apply new technologies and skills to CEE applications as appropriate.
- Suggest and provide guidance in applying new and emerging technologies to CEE applications as appropriate.
|Salary Range||$23.66/hr. ‐ $47.51/hr. (Salary commensurate with
experience; not to exceed budgeted salary $29.62/hr.)
|No. of Positions||1|
|Percentage of Time||Fulltime, 100%|
|Apply by Date||09/22/2021|
- Lift up to 50 pounds of supplies and equipment.
- Lift and maneuver computers and peripheral equipment.
- Sit at computer desk and use computer screen for extended periods of time.
- Work flexible schedule and occasional overtime during evenings, weekends and holidays to
- meet operational needs.
- Restricted vacation during peak workload periods.
- Work in an open workspace environment with multiple deadlines, frequent interruptions, background distractions, traffic and noise from competing activities.
- Work flexible schedule including remote working opportunities.
- Employee is personally responsible for following health and safety guidelines/instructions.
- UC Davis is a smoke and tobacco free campus effective January 1, 2014. Smoking, the use of smokeless tobacco products, and the use of unregulated nicotine products (e‐cigarettes) will be strictly prohibited on any UC Davis owned or leased property, indoors and outdoors, including parking lots and residential space.
- BS in computer science or an equivalent degree or experience.
- Experience designing, developing, and implementing web‐based applications and user interfaces.
- Experience with at least one object oriented programming environment, such as Ruby, C++, C#, Objective C, Visual Basic, Python or Java.
- Experience with at least one web application development framework, such as Ruby on Rails, Spring, Spring.NET, or Express.
- Experience with distributed source code maintenance systems, such as Git, and repositories, such as GitHub and BitBucket.
- Experience with database query and programming languages, such as SQL.
- Experience with front end frameworks such as Angular, React or Vue.js"
- Experience deploying applications via container services including Docker.
- Experience with systems administration sufficient for deploying and maintaining applications in Linux environments.
- Experience to assess the potential impact of emerging technologies and make recommendations and changes based on those assessments.
- Experience with at least one advanced cloud‐based infrastructure or platform as a service provider, such as Amazon Web Services or Microsoft Azure.
The University of California has implemented a SARS‐CoV‐2 (COVID‐19) Vaccination Program SARS‐CoV‐2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University‐approved exception or deferral.
This position is a critical position and subject to a background check. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation including criminal history and identity checks.
Full Position Description
To apply for this position, please visit the link below.