Research Data Analyst (Research Data Analyst 2) #23082
CTR EDUCATIONAL EFFECTIVENESS
Apply by 09/14/21
The analyst supports data management and analysis for Undergraduate Education Units, helps collect, manage, and report on data related to their activities and effectiveness allowing UE Units to improve their self-evaluation and their programs.
Percent of Time: 30
- Complete data collection activities accurately and on schedule, including data entry, maintaining CEE data files, using SQL and other tools to access data, using software such as R Studio to merge, aggregate, otherwise manipulate, and clean data, data collection instrument development (e.g. interview protocols, surveys) and implementation, including primary responsibility for developing and maintaining web‐based surveys for multiple projects, participating in data collection activities such as identifying and downloading secondary data, conducting interviews and/or structured observations, etc. '
- Use excellent security practices to manage data.
- Support and maintain administrative databases.
- When needed, review, code, enter and verify survey research data and written comments.
Percent of Time: 40
- Advise UE programs on program evaluation including helping them operationalize goals, identify appropriate data collection or analysis approaches, and interpret results.
- Complete analysis activities, including conducting descriptive analyses and applying t‐tests and standard linear models or more advanced analysis techniques in collaboration with the Lead Analyst, accurately and on schedule.
- Use Qualtrics or other software to help programs prepare and analyze surveys.
- Participate in design and preparation of timely, accurate, easy to read, and informative reports and informational materials; including developing graphs and tables, identifying citations, and writing report content.
- Respond appropriately and promptly to both internal and external information requests, provide project and program information and evaluation reports in a variety of formats.
- Work together with other analysts and the Lead Analyst to improve the quality of our reports.
Percent of Time: 25
- Assist the Lead Analyst in determining and adhering to project timelines, including keeping the Lead Analyst informed of changes in the project plan or barriers to timely completion.
- Communicate appropriately and promptly with internal and external contacts to plan, clarify, and update stakeholders on the status of projects.
- Identify and organize project information and materials, including related scholarly journal articles and books.
- Maintain storage and accessibility of all data and reports.
- When needed, submit and update Institutional Review Board (IRB) documents and modifications.
- Assist as needed, across projects, to ensure all required forms and reports are submitted to granting agencies and University offices.
Percent of Time: 5
- Assist UE units in other duties as needed, such as participation in intra-office workgroups, meetings, and program support.
- When needed, summarize academic research and other published materials for use in literature reviews, project reports, and grant proposals
- BA/BS in education, statistics or social science field or equivalent experience
- Experience in and understanding of program evaluation and/or academic research tasks and skills.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative analysis, data collection approaches, and research/design evaluation.
- Experience using statistical and other analytic/visualization software, e.g. SAS, SPSS, Stata, R, Tableau, or similar
- Experience compiling statistical information to assist an organization in assessment for the purposes of improving outcomes.
- Experience with database design and management
Special Conditions of Employment
- Work flexible schedule and occasional overtime during evenings, weekends and holidays to meet operational needs.
- Restricted vacation during peak workload periods.
- Work in an open workspace environment with multiple deadlines, frequent interruptions, background distractions, traffic and noise from competing activities.
- Work flexible schedule including remote working opportunities.
- Employee is personally responsible for following health and safety guidelines/instructions
Full Position Description
To apply for this position, please visit the link below.