The Educational Objectives for Students were adopted by the Academic Senate in April 2002. The UC Davis Educational Objectives:
- Articulate what we aspire for student learning
- Help to establish campus priorities and guide decision making related to student development
- Guide academic programs in the review of how their classes and course requirements interact with the goals to demonstrate educational effectiveness
Educational Objectives for Students
- Develop effective communication skills
- Written, oral, interpersonal, group.
- Develop higher cognitive skills
- Critical thinking, creativity, analytical ability.
- Cultivate the virtues
- Ethics, responsibility, honor, tolerance, respect for others, empathy.
- Develop focus and depth in one or more disciplines.
- Develop leadership skills
- Ability to stimulate and direct collaborative learning and collaborative action
- Develop a global perspective
- Broad intellectual and cultural experience through active engagement, an understanding of the interactions among the individual, society, and the natural world.
- Prepare for lifelong learning
- Independent thinking and learning, learning to find information, asking the right questions.