Our office is committed supporting faculty in being the best educators they can be.
In collaboration with the provost and the Academic Senate, we are
- Developing innovative ways to incorporate best practices in teaching and learning
- Researching and Planning up-to-date Learning Environments - the "Classrooms of the Future"
- Supporting the development of online learning in keeping with UC Davis's commitment to excellence in teaching through the Provost's Hybrid Course Awards, workshops, and systemwide ILTI participation.
- Identifying solutions using data analysis to highlight critical needs
- Decreasing time-to-degree and improving persistence
- Enhancing Academic Advising: In 2014 we established the Office of Academic Advising, which connects advisors throughout the colleges and allows for university-wide strategic thinking about advising and creates professional development opportunities for advisors.
- Improving course availability through enrollment management
- Acknowledging excellence in teaching
- Following through on our commitment to ensure adequate support for teaching and learning as our international population grows through:
- Innovative programs that support international students
UE Units Support Teaching
Center for Educational Effectiveness (CEE): The CEE advances the quality, efficiency and effectiveness of instruction. Our goals are to enhance learning, increase retention, and improve time to graduation for all students. We provide curricular alignment, integration and assessment; advanced course/series research and development; and community building and professional development for faculty and TAs. The CEE supports evidence-based decision making in higher education through institutional- and college-scale analyses and modeling, and provides educational research support. We create academic analytic tools, analyzes learning systems, and implements predictive models for action.
- The Academic Assessment team provides support for evidence-based inquiry into student learning. The A-Team guides faculty through the crafting of learning outcomes and assessments by helping you consider and articulate what you want your students to know and be able to do, and how to gauge the degree to which students are reaching those outcomes.
- The Testing Services Center (TSC) strives to provide an environment where registered students with documented needs are provided reasonable accommodations. Our goal is to facilitate and proctor exam sessions to give students equitable opportunities to succeed in an environment that cultivates integrity.